Monday, August 1, 2011

Orange Cantaloupe Sorbet



I am really excited to tell you that I am guest posting over at Cookin Canuck today!  

I know, you are probably confused because I just told you that I am so busy these days that I barely have time to post here, but I committed to posting for Dara before I realized how busy I would be - and you know what? - I am so glad that I did, because Cookin Canuck is one of my favorite blogs, and Dara is a genuine person with a kind heart.  I love her food because she always has recipe ideas that are exciting and fresh, great how-to tips, and photos that are lovely.  


So when she asked me to share a recipe with her readers, I knew I wanted to make something using seasonal ingredients that was different than something I had made before.  Last summer, I had seen a lot of recipes for watermelon granitas and some melon sorbets, but I had never tried it myself.  Since melons are at peak season right now, I thought it would be perfect to blend sweet summer citrus with ripe and juicy cantaloupe to make a sorbet that was bursting with flavor.  


After I made it and took one refreshing bite, I was completely in love with the taste - it was sweet, but in such a complex way because of the natural flavor of the cantaloupe and fresh orange, plus some added sugar... and a little Cointreau. (You know me, I can't resist adding a little liqueur to my sorbet.) 

Be sure to head over to Cookin Canuck to get this easy recipe, to see lots of step-by-step photos, and to get my 'how-to' tips for picking the best cantaloupe!

And last but not least, don't miss out on my Urban Cheesecraft DIY cheese-making kit giveaway!  Urban Cheesecraft takes the guess-work out of making cheese by providing everything you need.  

Enjoy the week, and stay cool!


31 comments:

  1. Oh yum Amanda!! This sounds like the perfect sorbet for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you two got together... I love both of your sites and the recipes you share with all of us. This is yet another stunning one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful combination! That sorbet must be exquisitely refreshing.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really appealing, and the flavour combination sound fantastic. Very creative presentation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colors, love this sorbet, love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds incredibly refreshing and what a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sorbet looks awesome! I am definitely going to head right on over to grab this recipe. Yum!

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful presentation!! Love the flavor combo of orange and cantaloupe together too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful idea. I've never tried it before. Beautiful colors and photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, orange and cantaloupe! I haven't seen that combo around that much, but sounds delish! Better go check out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orange is my fav fruit. That sorbet presentation looks awesome. Got to check out the recipe. Thanks for this mouth-watering post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to find your blog! The photos are wonderful and the sorbet sounds terrific! I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a creative flavour combo and definitely creative bowls! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh, absolutely gorgeous. What a fun recipe for a dinner party! Love the display inside the orange with the little flower tucked in.

    Glad you're able to get away and come to our Star Olive Oil dinner tomorrow night. Time to relax! Look forward to seeing you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so refreshing! And I love the cute little purple flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not only do the flavors seem incredibly delicious, but the color is out of this world! I'll bet a little infusion of earl grey would be a nice addition, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous and inspiring photography! And those colors... Fantastique!

    ReplyDelete
  18. my mouth just got so watery looking at your photos. I love the idea of adding cointreau too. I am a big fan of your blog. your blog is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great combination for the sorbet and love the presentation as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks delicious! Gorgeous photos and I'll bet the flavours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I have to try this. Maybe you can just send me some? :-) BTW, I love the picture of the sorbet in the orange peel - lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ohhhhh.. fantastic looking sorbet. i love cantaloupe and have never had cantaloupe sorbet. a definite recipe i need to try. and as always, stunning photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's hard to find recipes using cantaloupe! I love it but have never had it in sorbet, or paired with oranges. Plus it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous photos! Love the contrasting purple flower with the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, that is beautiful! Sorbet sounds delicious right now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete